lørdag den 5. januar 2008

Saying farewell to Inger and not knowing what future will bring

Today I have paid homage to my father Captain (Kommandørkaptajn) Frederik Nyborg Christensen, said farewell to my sister Inger Nyborg Savoth at her grave and prayed for their souls.
They may need it, but definetely not because of a divorce, more likely because of fitting the truth to the circumstances.

Strange that Ingers mother Hilda Nyborg Christensen had a headstone, which was almost completely a copy of the one my father was laid to rest below in 1972. Do You suppose she visited his grave before she herself died. I would not be surprised at all.

As You may know, my father had two children, me Jens Frederik Nyborg and Inger, bestoving on them the same love and kindness and learning them in turn about family, country, honour and honesty.

He may have had two wifes and two families, but he did NOT fail in doing what he could do.

But some other grown up people around the kids may have been wanting in openness and fairness, and should have been better off befriending one another.

The result, pending, is that a sister and a brother never got to know one another and learn their differences and sameness. A nephew has lost an uncle. Did anybody gain from that ?.

Due to stiff conventions and jealousy possibly, I have lived most of my adult life without the support of my fathers family, and if not my sister had decided to be buried in our country, I might never have found out.

I have now, and have learned of a very nice lady being the best friend of my sister, also having known of the Nyborg family, particularly my father. I am deeply thankful.

She was even a friend of one of my mothers best tennis friends Ellen Bastiansen, mother of tennisplayer Peter. So the world can be a close place and we can support one another, just by showing simple courage and responsibilty to one another.

My father Frederik learned me and my sister of this, being himself warm, open, courageous reliable and a supporter of his friends, fighting sometimes for what he thought was right, salvaging together with the crew of Royal Danish Naval frigate Hvidbjørnen the reamains of 'Pourquoi Pas', Charcots expedition ship, off Akranes at Reykjavik, fighting in Holger Danske during WWII.

If he married two women, so be it, only it would have been nice if they all ccould have kept their peace, as more and more understand to do it, particular in the Scandinavia that always valued the rights of men and women alike, from the Viking to todays societies of equality and freedom.

Thu Nordu... du fra norden. I am proud of being that, and so will my girl, Maria , Frederik Nyborgs granddaughter, partly because of the gift of love he gave me.

Ingen kommentarer: